Purpose of Establishment
The Korean Dental Association was established with the purpose of researching on dental and public oral health, enhancing medical morality and advocating medical authority, and promoting fraternity and welfare of the members.
For that, the KDA proceeds businesses such as follows.
- To Promote National Oral Health
- Medical activities to improve national oral health
- Various research activities to improve dentistry
- Activities for development and improvement of dental industry
- To Develope of Dentistry
- Activities for research and improvement of dental care business
- Activities for research on dental care policy
- To Advocate and Improve of Members
- Enhancement of medical morality and advocacy of medical authority
- Education of dentist, dental technician, dental hygienist
- Communication with related organizations and promotion of fraternity and welfare of the members
- Proposal to the government and operation of commissioned governmental business
- Publication of news, journal, and other relations
- Continuing education for members
- Insurance relations
- International relations
- Job placement of dental personnel
- Research on the national dentist license examination
(including preliminary exam.)
- Army and public dental service relations-improvement of dentist’s role
The blue color symbolizes health and vitality, green color symbolizes protection and stability. The design is intended to imply health and happiness of the people, social unification movement, healthy society and hopeful future with motive of hope, harmony, and protection.